We are a Latin American financial group present in ten countries throughout the region, namely:
Panama (Banistmo, Bancolombia Panamá and Sucursal Panamá); El Salvador (Banco Agrícola); Guatemala (a Banco Agrícola agency and a 40% stake in Grupo Financiero Agromercantil*); Puerto Rico (Bancolombia Puerto Rico); the Cayman Islands (Bancolombia Cayman); Peru (FiduPerú, Renting Perú and Leasing Perú) Honduras, Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Colombia.
- Banco de Colombia (now known as Bancolombia) first made its international debut in Panama back in 1973.
- In 1995, Banco Industrial Colombiano became the first Colombian company to issue shares on the New York Stock Exchange as part of an ADR program, placing at total of USD 63.48 million. This gave an additional boost to its international expansion program.
- In 2007, through Bancolombia Panamá, we acquired Banco Agricola S.A. El Salvador's top financial holding company, with agencies in Guatemala and Costa Rica.
- Between 2007 and 2009, Bancolombia began to make inroads on the Peruvian market, through our leasing, trust fund and vehicle rental companies.
- We were the first bank to participate on the international capital markets. Since 2007 we have successfully placed five issues of senior and subordinated bonds worth USD 3.740 million.
- This same year we obtained a banking permit in Panama and opened our first ever branch office in this country to attend the corporate sector.
- In 2013, after a year in the making, we finalized the acquisition of a 40% stake in Grupo Financiero Agromercantil in Guatemala, a holding made up of Banco Agromercantil, BAM, Mercom Bank Ltda. and Seguros Agromercantil.
In January 2013, we acquired a 100% stake in HSBC Bank (Panamá) S.A's ordinary share capital and 90.1% of its preferred share capital.*